You are not logged in.

Game Unit Speed

Dear visitor, welcome to KingsAge Org. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Kalop

Beginner

• "Kalop" started this thread

Date of registration: Jul 7th 2017

Friday, July 7th 2017, 4:18pm

Unit Speed

Newbie question here,

I tried to send my spies to settlement A to see how long they would travel, and they take 42 minutes.
If I just send Squires to the same settlement, then squires take 25 minutes.

But on the unit description the squires have 18min travel time per tile and spies have 9 min per field.

Am I missing something? Is speed world specific?

SirLoganLockley

Game Administrator

Date of registration: Apr 14th 2011

Friday, July 7th 2017, 7:00pm

How many tiles is the distance you are sending your troops?

Kalop

Beginner

Friday, July 7th 2017, 9:41pm

The settlement Im targeting is next to mine. As in adjacent right next door. Idk how many tiles that counts as?

Date of registration: Feb 16th 2009

Saturday, July 8th 2017, 4:47pm

Judging from your time, you launched your spies as 'spy' attack not 'attack'

When you launch your spy as 'spy' it will be slower (ram speed), the benefit is the enemies don't see your attacks. The downside is 1) obviously the much longer time it takes to get a report 2) you don't see if there's any outside troop from that sett.

When you launch your spy as 'attack,' that's when you will get that 9 minutes per tile. It's the fastest unit in game. If sufficient amount of your spies manage to survive through enemies' spies then they will give you number of troops that are outside from that sett as well. It won't tell you if the outside troops are en route or where they are stationed, but it's still a useful information.

Kalop

Beginner

Saturday, July 8th 2017, 4:54pm

Oh awesome! Thanks!! You're right that's exactly what I was doing I was sending it as a spy mission.

So outside troops will show up as separate from the inside settlement troops on the report, if I send spies on an "attack" mission?

Also are spies defending against attacking spies the only units that will engage in the defense? Could I send a single attack unit with my attacking spies to get through the enemy spy defense or would that trigger a battle with all their defending units and wall and stuff?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Kalop" (Jul 8th 2017, 4:55pm)

Date of registration: Feb 16th 2009

Saturday, July 8th 2017, 5:06pm

Luck: -24 % (from the attacker's point of view)
Morale: 57 %
Night bonus for defenders: 100 %
Town wall reinforced by memorial: 150%

Attacker:
Settlement:
Amount: 1.000
Losses:
Survivors: 1.000

Defender:
Settlement:
Amount: 0 0 5 0 0 0 0 5.040 0 0 0
Losses: 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Survivors: 0 0 5 0 0 0 0 5.040 0 0 0

Evaluation battle: your losses and the damage you inflicted on your opponent have increased your chances of receiving a lucky stone.

Espied raw materials:
926722 926722 926722 (2.780.166)

Espied buildings:
50 50 50 50 50 50 30 20 30 30 5 10 5 1

Units outside:
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2.500 0 0 0

This was my 'attack' spy report. You can see it shows inside troop as well as outside (last thing shown on reports). But you will only get that if sufficient amount of spies survive the attack.

As far as spy attacks (both as 'spy' and as 'attack') go, only the enemy spies can kill your spy. The number is 2:1. The enemy must have twice the number of your spies to prevent any sort of information leaking out. If you send other units with spies, other units will have to combat the non-spy defending troops. Say, I usually send a few spies in with my attack forces. The non-spy units may get wiped in the attacks, but as long as I have more spies than half the amount left in the enemy sett I will get some spies who survive and give me the report of remaining troops.

Kalop

Beginner

Saturday, July 8th 2017, 10:25pm

Sweet. Thanks for your helpful replies.

SirLoganLockley

Game Administrator

Date of registration: Apr 14th 2011

Monday, July 10th 2017, 7:05pm

Thank you, Colinthegreat!