You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to KingsAge Org. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

sakebomb69

Banned until 03-05-2011

• "sakebomb69" started this thread

Date of registration: Nov 11th 2009

Thursday, May 6th 2010, 8:54pm

A sad, sad day...

...as it appears our friend daffy has gone off to greener pastures. At first, when we checked the A*W member list, we were so happy to see his mention of KoH at the top of the member list. We were honored, nay, PROUD to be so highly considered by such an august body as A*W.

But, much to our chagrin, we noticed that daffy had left the alliance and went to RE. Why? We do not know. But theories abound. Irreconcilable differences, inability to fulfill matrimonial duties, etc., etc. The list of theories is endless, but the truth still remains elusive.

We sincerely regret his choice but wish him well in his new home. As he is now a member of RE, he can't be touched by the grand coalition, which we're sure didn't play a role in his decision. Also, we seriously hope that other members of A*W do not feel a similar call of wanderlust.

Why, oh why, has our little ducky left? ;(

And what would the original daffy have thought? Can the real daffy please stand up?

Date of registration: Aug 18th 2009

Thursday, May 6th 2010, 9:00pm

Sure, I have my reasons...

Tell you? Nah, I don't think so...

Although you're alright sakebomb, not like your mate steve...

I am sure the coalition will be weighing in soon enough and probably getting me kicked from RE, but whatever...

fumanchu

Beginner

Date of registration: Oct 13th 2009

Thursday, May 6th 2010, 9:40pm

Surely RE would have considered your situation before granting membership. You think they'll kick you? And how does this change RE's relationship with AoW? Or the other coalition members for that matter?

julesp1905

Trainee

Date of registration: Jun 1st 2009

Thursday, May 6th 2010, 10:09pm

An interesting chain of events, RE posed with the decision to Kick or not to Kick, profile clearly states If you are a refugee, do not apply. It is our understanding that the invite was sent sometime ago when the original Daffy was still in DDEVEL, We all know the she has long since left the game and that lightblades is now playing the account, all legal and nothing untowards there.

Many possible outcomes

Suppose all will be revealed in the next day or two.

Thursday, May 6th 2010, 11:27pm

I was invited today.

I know there will be a lot of talking through between FURY and RE. I can see that FURY would want me kicked and that being the case, as your reply seems to suggest, I will have no bones about going solo.

Got to admit I am not impressed by some of the comments made by some people. Quick to rush judgement and not the least consideration for the efforts I have put in on their behalf.

Say what you want, belittle me all you want! I know what I put in and hopefully some other people will recognise it as well. If not then who cares, I have explained my reasons for leaving and either you accept them or not.

fitz

Beginner

Date of registration: Aug 21st 2009

Friday, May 7th 2010, 11:30am

Now daffy is GONE ;(

KJ Up to his old tricks again? More musical differences in AoW, something awry with the Alliance Bard perhaps? :P

Not nice to see bigger players get frustrated like this, it's hard enough to keep them in the game as it is without internal wrangling in alliances and musical differences! Also disappointing when they won't put up a proper fight.
It's only me, Fitzgerraldo. What'd I do now :phatgrin:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "fitz" (May 7th 2010, 11:31am)

lesvosace

Banned until 20-05-2010

Date of registration: May 19th 2009

Friday, May 7th 2010, 11:35am

"One mummy duck went swimming one day, over the hills and far away. The baby ducks said quack, quack, quack but old mummy duck didnt come back!"

I really do genuinely feel sorry for lightblades, I dont know whats happened and really IDC. How is this going to effect A*W as a whole? Anyone available for comment?

djmphnx

Beginner

Date of registration: Aug 16th 2009

Friday, May 7th 2010, 4:08pm

AoW does have issues that we're addressing, you'll see a change soon that will have an effect, one way or the other.

I'm sure with all your spies you know whats going to happen anyway.

fitz

Beginner

Date of registration: Aug 21st 2009

Friday, May 7th 2010, 5:18pm

KY is uncharacteristically taciturn on this subject. Too busy perfecting new harmonies perhaps?
It's only me, Fitzgerraldo. What'd I do now :phatgrin:

Date of registration: Apr 1st 2009

Saturday, May 8th 2010, 12:37pm

So what is the situation within AoW? From a diplomatic point of view, what can you tell us all? I must say that the whole lightblades incident gives off a slightly worrying perception of things within the alliance. Is that the situation or are we to much into things?
"THE STRONG WILL LEAD"

lesvosace

Banned until 20-05-2010

Saturday, May 8th 2010, 12:38pm

perhaps he (KY) is attempting to knock up a new ditty with which to serenade his former ally.
Something along these lines perhaps?

Oh the weather outside AoW is dry,
Come on ducky please try,
To make it back here again,
promise we'll make it rain,
We know that ducks like water,
and without you we are shorter,
a duck or 2 or 3,
Please ducky come back, help me....

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "lesvosace" (May 8th 2010, 12:39pm)

Saturday, May 8th 2010, 1:00pm

So what is the situation within AoW? From a diplomatic point of view, what can you tell us all? I must say that the whole lightblades incident gives off a slightly worrying perception of things within the alliance. Is that the situation or are we to much into things?
AoW is a great alliance. There are great members, strong leadership figures, and a good team spirit among most.

On the other hand there are too many non participants and drag alongs. It is a great alliance that perhaps through a decreasing interest we have let it get sloppy. We have vast amounts of uncontested territory and yet we can't sufficiently support a few of our front line players. Point of fact, there are too many non participants and not enough support willing to be sent to the front lines. There are players that do send, so I want to make sure they know their efforts are appreciated (all that keeps our fronts from collapsing in fact), but there are too many that bring nothing to the alliance.

I have always felt that communication and participation are the most important building blocks within an alliance. You can have the top 100 players in the World but if they are not willing to work together, communicate, and participate, then you really don't have a strong alliance. That is the problem with AoW for me., Not the people that do make the effort, but the ones that don't.

AoW is not falling apart any time soon, but we have been slow to address these fundemental issues and it has meant front line losses. We should be able to protect our borders with FURY you would think. Say what you want about me leaving but I think a speedier resolution to the issue of non participation is already being sought. We have gone past the times where that was alright within an alliance, and AOW (in fact every alliance) needs to adapt their philosophy or struggle on and wonder why their enemy is eating them.

I can see a few people being unhappy with those comments but I don't care. I don't care what people say about me leaving, what they say about the opinions I am voicing. Someone has to stand up and say it. I have always tried to act in the best interests of the alliance and now is no different in my mind. People look at my leaving in a bad light and I understand that, but if I achieve what I set out to achieve then it doesn't matter what people think.

I have fond memories of my time in AoW, and the people I worked with. But there is no going back now. I wish them well (most of them).

Kneel Yung

Banned until 12-06-2010

Date of registration: May 11th 2009

Sunday, May 9th 2010, 6:37am

What do I have to say on the matter?

I think the former lightblades, who took over daffy, bit off perhaps a bit more than he could chew by taking an account of that size in the location it was in. And given the changes in the map, he obviously panicked.

It's unfortunate that he has made things so emotional, dramatic, and public. But he's obviously impassioned, if nothing else.

His actions in leaving have been less than respectful to those from whom he broke rank. If anyone used terms that he did not like, the path he has taken has done nothing to disprove anything I've seen that was said of him.

Too bad. I believe that he's a person who usually has good intent, but sometimes is prone to make unconsidered and hasty decisions under pressure.

May he learn and grow.

I'm flattered, though, that fitzy and lesvo are fixated upon what my perspective might be.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Kneel Yung" (May 9th 2010, 6:39am)

Sunday, May 9th 2010, 5:47pm

Some good debate at last.

@lightblades, the scenario mentioned is a headache and can be seen in a lot of alliances (or former alliances). To get players to be active and supportive is difficult without having to resort to dictatorial and draconian measures. There are some aspects that could work. Encouraging crowded members who are far from the frontlines to "migrate" via gifting settlements, settlement swapping and conquering inactives near the frontlines can help. Also, if the alliance has large portions of territory that can be classed as safe havens" where no enemy are in sight, it can create defensive bases from which to support the frontlines. I got this idea from my neighbours The B1ood Celts. 4 of them are spread out across 2-3 k's and intertwined such that they can easily provide support to themselves in the frontline through their defensive bases in allied areas. A good tactic too as it worked for Temple as well. I think AoW has lots of unused territory that could work in the alliances favour if such reforms were executed.
"THE STRONG WILL LEAD"

fumanchu

Beginner

Monday, May 10th 2010, 11:53am

Why was Daffy given a lifetime ban but not attackable? My understanding is that the GO's give you a warning for one offense and you may or may not be attackable but a lifetime ban is fairly serious. So why are there now 500 towns in the middle of everyone that nobody can touch?

I'm not looking to discuss the reasons for the ban. I'm trying to make sense of the outcome?

King Joseph

Beginner

Date of registration: Feb 12th 2009

Monday, May 10th 2010, 1:24pm

Why was Daffy given a lifetime ban but not attackable? My understanding is that the GO's give you a warning for one offense and you may or may not be attackable but a lifetime ban is fairly serious. So why are there now 500 towns in the middle of everyone that nobody can touch?

I'm not looking to discuss the reasons for the ban. I'm trying to make sense of the outcome?

They ban players and make players un-attackable because the players have a right to appeal the ban and attempt to disprove the claims. I shouldn't say its a right because really, we have no rights here but its something they occasionally will allow.

There are violations that they will leave you attackable for though, such as profanity, vulgar comments, heavy insults etc...

Doesnt matter though. The ban was reduced to a week to make it easier for Fury to conquer him.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "King Joseph" (May 10th 2010, 1:25pm)

fumanchu

Beginner

Monday, May 10th 2010, 1:53pm

My understanding is that Daffy attacked King Joseph after leaving AoW and that the departure wasn't a peaceful one. So why shouldn't AoW be able to take those towns as well? Look, I'm going to benefit because I have some towns in his core and can strike them while they're not heavily defended, but it's not right that AoW shouldn't also have a chance to go after them. I like to win, but not like that.

lesvosace

Banned until 20-05-2010

Monday, May 10th 2010, 2:32pm

Its my understanding Lightblades/daffy will return after his ban anyway. So all you point whores looking for eadsy settlements may be disappointed.

How twisted can you be KJ. How can you think for 1 second we had anything to do with his ban being reduced. Its total nonsense.

King Joseph

Beginner

Date of registration: Feb 12th 2009

Monday, May 10th 2010, 4:25pm

Its my understanding Lightblades/daffy will return after his ban anyway. So all you point whores looking for eadsy settlements may be disappointed.

How twisted can you be KJ. How can you think for 1 second we had anything to do with his ban being reduced. Its total nonsense.

Did I say that? Please point out where I said that. I said the reduction in his ban would make it easier for Fury to conquer his settlements. Please take a reading comprehension class soon so you can keep up.

He may very well return after his ban, but for some reason, I dont think its going to be that difficult conquering him. I mean you guys conquered several of his settlements so really, how hard could it be?

Monday, May 10th 2010, 6:06pm

Did I say that? Please point out where I said that. I said the reduction in his ban would make it easier for Fury to conquer his settlements. Please take a reading comprehension class soon so you can keep up.

He may very well return after his ban, but for some reason, I dont think its going to be that difficult conquering him. I mean you guys conquered several of his settlements so really, how hard could it be?

He has 500 settlements. That is a heck of a lot of settlements. Plenty of "meat" to go around in my opinion. I reckon his neigghbours will be having feeding frenzy soon ;(
"THE STRONG WILL LEAD"